Trump 757 by POSKY disappointing

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Trump 757 by POSKY disappointing

Postby mikeEmerc » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I downloaded the Trump 757 by POSKY today.
The README file described the ac and features.
Problem is several fold.
ONE... there's supposed to be a gauge file. There was none.
TWO...There's supposed to be an effects folder.There was none.
THREE...There's supposed to be a dynamic shine to the paint.The paint was flat as roadkill.
Tried to add on SHOCKWAVE lights,and they wouldnt show ANYWHERE on the screen,no matter what location numbers I set up in the cfg file,and I have set SHOCKWAVE lights on almost all of my ac INCLUDING my POSKY ac,tho the POSKY have flex wings,so finding the sweet spot for those sets are a tough job.
Sadly,this ac was a waste of time.
For anyone curious,here's the link to it.This Steve Colley may not be with POSKY and may have fudged the ac model file.I have no idea,but the ac didnt meet expectations at all. Not up to the usual POSKY standards,that's for sure.
//
http://www.fs2000.org/2014/10/04/fsxfs2 ... ald-trump/
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Trump 757 by POSKY disappointing

Postby Captain Midnight » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:18 pm

You think that's bad ..... try downloading Hillary's bandwagon. Totally wheels off.
:scared-eek:
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:51 am

1st off what have you done better? I'm sure you can get your money back or better still start learning repainting then do one yourself.
I just looked . There are 2 versions of Donald Dump's 757 on simviation.
2nd this was one of the very 1st aircraft Project Opensky created with a VC and it is a very basic version. There are many versions of that VC from many contributors.
Get FSPanel studio and maybe you can do better!
They went on to make much more sophisticated jetliners.

We all owe Project Opensky/Skyspirit/TDS an enormous gratitude for what they have given us.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Captain Midnight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:32 am

cevans wrote:1st off what have you done better?
Get FSPanel studio and maybe you can do better!

Easy there, big fella! What ever happened to the friendly foruim we've just been talking about.
Everyone has the right to express their opinion without having the hammer come down on them .... that includes opinions about freeware.
Just because something is offered for "free" doesn't mean that everyone has to like it.

Stay calm and try to adjust.

:text-goodpost:
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pegger » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:07 am

cevans wrote:.....what have you done better?

Whoa! Gear down big trucker!

The OP has as much priviledge to disclose his dissapointment as you have to share your appreciation for add-ons. Freeware or otherwise.

I'm wondering if mike has found or tried a similar add-on from this site? Might be a bad upload to the other site...maybe?
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:43 am

pegger wrote:I'm wondering if mike has found or tried a similar add-on from this site? Might be a bad upload to the other site...maybe?

Precisely. As this file is posted on another website I haven't downloaded it to check it out but it looks like a repaint to me. The file size of 9 Mb is a clue to the fact that it's far from complete. Even if Posky were still active they have no control over what other people do with their files. The included Readme is most likely the one included with the original version posted on the Posky website which would explain the missing files.

As has been pointed out there are a couple of Trump repaints for the Posky 757-200 by different authors available from Simviation. I haven't checked these out either. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=donald+Trump&x=21&y=16

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 am

Hagar wrote:As has been pointed out there are a couple of Trump repaints for the Posky 757-200 by different authors available from Simviation. I haven't checked these out either. http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=donald+Trump&x=21&y=16

Just checked them out. Neither is compatible with FS9.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mikeEmerc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks for the replies gents. I love Simviation. Nearly 90% (as a guess) of my downloads have come from here.
But,because I have FS9,and the Trump ac here are for FSX,I sadly had to go elsewhere.But I did find one at RIKOOOO sim site. The same one I got that I mentioned earlier. The one from RIKOOOO wasnt fooled with and worked quite well. Had a fairly nice VC and 2D cockpit.
To the gent suggesting I make my own panels...I've been doing just that for nearly every ac I have. No rookie at the procedure .
If you would have read clearly my original comment,you would have noticed that I suspected that someone had goofed with the mdl file or the POSKY I originally downloaded,and I in no way bashed POSKY. BUT,in like respect,... I like what I like,and I dont like what I dont like,and produce no sweat when being criticized...because I am too busy ignoring the critic.
Again,thanks folks ! :dance:
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:55 pm

RIKOOOO? I'm wary of that site, strikes me similar to the old, now vanished FSPlanet which circulated and altered files without the original owners/designers blessings. Plus their stuff is in .exe which is dodgy too for the trusting. Is it just me that lives in a state of paranoia these days?
Wait....
Is that someone at the door?
I can hear.................. Aaaargh!
:lol:
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Algenon Lacy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:55 am

Hi mikeEmerc,

I found this today, it is normally payware, but free.

http://www.justflight.com/product/757-jetliner-freemium

Has a nice VC and 2D cockpit.

regards

Algenon
Algenon Lacy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Captain Midnight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 am

Algenon Lacy wrote:Hi mikeEmerc,

I found this today, it is normally payware, but free.

http://www.justflight.com/product/757-jetliner-freemium

Has a nice VC and 2D cockpit.

regards

Algenon

Ordinarily, that would be nice EXCEPT this is the FS2004 forum and this plainly states that it is for FSX.
Free ..... but NA.
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Algenon Lacy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:35 am

Hi All,

Sorry, I did not realise it was not FSX.

regards

Algenon
Algenon Lacy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mikeEmerc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Oooops ! LOL
I almost blew my comment...thinking I was being told that the AC I downloaded was only for FSX,when in fact,Capt Midnight was referring to someone elses link,which offered an FSX only aircraft.
Sorry Capt Midnight.
:oops: :lol:
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mikeEmerc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:07 pm

I have had no problem from ANY downloads from Rikoo. However,I wont say that there arent problems to be had from them...or any other site.
Things happen. But so far,so good.
Now...back to the issue,...I fly FS9 ONLY,LOL. The links offered for repaints are for FSX.BUT...thanks anyway guys. I did a repaint,if you will, and set up a better alpha layer and all is fine...
PLUS,I found a Trump 737 repaint for the default FS9 737,...and using it,AND my own hme made panel,she's a champ. I already had my Shockwave lights set up for the 737.
AND...on the 757 I downloaded,for some reason,after I used the download from the other site,I was able to change the lights to Shockwave also and all is well.
Thanks for every ones responses !
Good folks here. :clap:
mikeEmerc
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Captain Midnight » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:18 pm

mikeEmerc wrote:Oooops ! LOL
I almost blew my comment...thinking I was being told that the AC I downloaded was only for FSX,when in fact,Capt Midnight was referring to someone elses link,which offered an FSX only aircraft.
Sorry Capt Midnight.
:oops: :lol:

No biggie. I almost made a mistake this year too!
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight