POSKY YAL-1a question

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

POSKY YAL-1a question

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm

My parents,like most parents of people my age,always told me "If you dont have anything nice to say,dont say it."
Personally,I find that a candy ass way to live. If something sucks,it sucks,and I could care less if it is a freebie or not.
If you put something out for others, do it right,or dont do it. Dont waste peoples times. Dont disappoint people with a half hearted effort placed on something you will be putting your name on.
The latest effort by POSKY,the YAL-1A for FS9 that just came out on Simviation downloads has a really nice laser effect.
BUT...,and here we go...
It only operates on one axis. The aiming mechanism is for dual axis.

Everyone LOVES to get a pat on the back.But NO ONE wants the well deserved foot up the keister when they blow it.
So,...if you dont appreciate my critiquing of your craft, dont put them out here half finished.
Like any one,I appreciate a freebie.I appreciate the effort and time and headaches that go into these aircraft.
God knows I havent the skill to even begin to design one.

So....who's up first to bust my chops for telling it like it is?
stephan

Re: POSKY does it again,...or,rather...they dont. YAL-1a fai

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:50 pm

...note...I forgot to mention the ''door'' for refueling doesnt work either.
//
Is anyone else seeing these problems on that download? If so,say so.
If it IS working for you the way it should,say so.
It isnt beneath me to admit I am wrong...as long as it is proven.
stephan

Re: POSKY does it again,...or,rather...they dont. YAL-1a fai

Postby stephan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:55 pm

OK...
The laser does work as designed...as long as you dont mess with the panel. I never ran across this with POSKY before. Usually,as long as nothing is added or rearranged in the panel,everything works. BUT,...with some of these panel design programs,when you even LOOK at a panel,the program see's fit to put their label on it and it seems that screws things up.
So,...to the POSKY crew,I stand corrected.
Your aircraft DOES work as designed,and is a nice craft. The laser system is truly a cool little add to the doldrums of long flights. Now,we can incinerate airports of hostile countries as we fly on our merry way.
MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGY TO THE POSKY CREW AND TO THE SIMVIATION FORUM READERS THAT TOLERATE MY RANTS.
SEEMS I WAS WRONG.

ANY ONE GOT A HARA KIRI SEPPUKU KNIFE HANDY?
stephan

Re: POSKY YAL-1a question

Postby tbus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 am

On a related note (speaking of lasing things), how's that Mt. McKinley thing going over in Buckeye land?
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 am

Not aware of a "Mt. McKinley thing going over in Buckeye land" . What have I missed? I dont watch the news.
//
I decided to delete that POSKY aircraft.
Nothing I did could get past the losing of one rotation axis of the laser.
I never cared for the default FS2004 747 panel,and thats what POSKY used for the YAL 1a.
When I tried to place my own panel in the craft,the axis quit working.
I used all of POSKYs gauges and even arranged the windows of their panel in the same sequence into my panel,and nothing.
I have been making my own panels for several years now,and this one stumped me...BUT,the trouble it was causing wasn't worth me keeping their download,so out the ''window'' it went.
I have enough dependable AC that I can manipulate and modify without having to deal with POSKY.
So,in closing ... the laser works per design...IF you are satisfied with the looks of a panel that has been around since FS2002.
If you're like me and get bored with the same look aircraft to aircraft and try to modify the panel,GOOD LUCK. Maybe you can see what I didnt and keep the laser working as you modify the panel.
I mean,why not modify a panel to ones own likes. Thats why there are so many paint schemes in the texture department,right.So we dont get stuck with the same thing,flight after flight.
POSKY...I'm finished.
Dont like your wing lights...
Dont like your strobes...
Dont like your panels...
Dont like the way your panel is secured from a casual modification at the risk of losing an effect
and the only thing I did like was the textures....
and I can paint my own these days.
:eusa-snooty:
stephan

Postby zswobbie1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:27 am

Phew, that escalated very quickly.
All those rants for a freebie?

I'll sum it up... I, (& I'm sure many, many others) are in absolute awe of your attitude. :shock:
Oh...
Dont like your attitude...

I'm sure that there are also many here that are waiting, with bated breath, for your add-ons that are superior to any Posky release.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby wifesaysno » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:57 am

stephan wrote:Not aware of a "Mt. McKinley thing going over in Buckeye land" . What have I missed? I dont watch the news.
//
I decided to delete that POSKY aircraft.
Nothing I did could get past the losing of one rotation axis of the laser.
I never cared for the default FS2004 747 panel,and thats what POSKY used for the YAL 1a.
When I tried to place my own panel in the craft,the axis quit working.
I used all of POSKYs gauges and even arranged the windows of their panel in the same sequence into my panel,and nothing.
I have been making my own panels for several years now,and this one stumped me...BUT,the trouble it was causing wasn't worth me keeping their download,so out the ''window'' it went.
I have enough dependable AC that I can manipulate and modify without having to deal with POSKY.
So,in closing ... the laser works per design...IF you are satisfied with the looks of a panel that has been around since FS2002.
If you're like me and get bored with the same look aircraft to aircraft and try to modify the panel,GOOD LUCK. Maybe you can see what I didnt and keep the laser working as you modify the panel.
I mean,why not modify a panel to ones own likes. Thats why there are so many paint schemes in the texture department,right.So we dont get stuck with the same thing,flight after flight.
POSKY...I'm finished.
Dont like your wing lights...
Dont like your strobes...
Dont like your panels...
Dont like the way your panel is secured from a casual modification at the risk of losing an effect
and the only thing I did like was the textures....
and I can paint my own these days.
:eusa-snooty:

Well I got some harsh feedback for your feedback...I have no idea how old you physically are, but apparently you are not old enough to match your parent's maturity when they told you "if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all".

Start paying for the author's salary and benefits THEN you can complain. But last time I checked you did not have to pay a cent for this.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 am

Stephan.... ;) ...

...forget all about the Flight Simulation malarkey, wheel your Harley Bad Boy out, release all that anger, have a blast, and taste the cool, fresh air....

...its very sweet and satisfying...

Trust me!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby striker » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Posky/skyspirit/tds are one of the best design teams out there bar none. Better than a lot of payware I have tried. Long live the guys at posky/tds and hats off to them for their awesome talent and for keeping it free . :clap: :clap: :clap:
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks Paul.
Guess a nice day in the wind would be relaxing.
I appreciate your tact on the matter of my sometimes heated attitude.
Seems like some of the boot to life commentators to my thread/complaint are failing to see that THEY are also falling into the ''fail'' of keeping their mouths shut if they dont have anything nice to say,LOL!
But,I NEVER was PC and I kiss NO ONES hind end,and dont really care WHO doesnt like it.
If I feel something sucks,you can bet your last nickel I will tell you it sucks.
And I could care less if those folks like POSKYs basket ball sized lights,or their lousy panels.
I dont.
IMO the ONLY thing POSKY has going for themselves is their textures.
Their models are half rate as well,when an AC flies nose down,...and as far as I know there's only one craft that does that in real life...the HP Victor.
Never the less,...thanks Paul.I will put a few miles down the road.
And as for those that live the charmed life and suck up to the PC crowd ... dont like my attitude,...move on. My sign off is always the same,and it is signed that way for a reason...
Respect always to you Paul,...
Stephan (Altitude with Attitude) .
stephan

Postby Tug002 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey there stephan, I personally like to hear someone tell it the way it is. If it were me I would read that post and try to make the product better to make you look bad for the comments, not take it as a personal attack. Being able to take criticism is part of putting the product out there and the only thing that I see is you telling them how to make it a better product. I also like to know what is up with the aircraft that I am going to download before I do so as not to waste my time if it is no good. Thanks for the heads up. :clap: And as far as the don't say anything unless you have something nice to say stands :twisted: Sometimes that dosn't work and something has to be said. Good for you for standing up for what you feel is right. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:48 am

:shock:

Anyhow, it takes all types...
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:37 am

I must admit... :roll: ....

...what I do, if I have downloaded something which doesn't seem to work properly (as I expected)... :doh: ....

...I dump it, and find something similar which does work properly.... :dance: ....

If it was free, then I haven't lost anything...which is nice... :D ....

..and remind myself that the Sim is only a snazzy computer game.... :ugeek: ....and life is far too short to fret over it!.... ;) ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

Stephan...Don't forget that Harley Fat Boy ride...Try Zion National Park!.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I get you completely Paul. My problem is my temper.THAT came from trying to be a perfectionist in all I do.In return,I expect nothing but the best effort from others as well.My friend,if I sent you a private message listing all the things I have done,all I have seen,and all I have experienced,you'd think I was either lying or working for the KGB. Seriously. My life has been anything and everything but normal. Life is a one time thing,and I wanted to get into everything I could get into. Since this is a public forum,I wont get into my life history. But look my Facebook up under my name Steve Corley and read my bio if you're interested. Then maybe you can understand just a tad bit better why I have a quick attitude and demand perfection,...whether I pay for something or not. In my mind,a man that doesnt put out 110% effort in his lifes works is wasting time he will never get back,and I have little respect for people that take life for granted. And it's possible that 5 bullets that zipped thru me years ago taught me how important it is to be conscious of your every waking moment,and to do the best you can in all you do. I cant deal with slackers.Take care my helpful friend! Time for another bug eating contest at 80 mph! LOL
stephan

Postby tbus » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:53 am

stephan wrote:Seriously. My life has been anything and everything but normal.

We noticed
Rumor has it that it is not necessarily a good thing.
Stay calm and try to adjust.
Mt McKinley Forever ...... born and raised in Ohio, don't ya know!
tbus
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight