online play

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

online play

Postby motorhead 69 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:48 pm

hello fellow gamers
is there an online place to play or is that ahing of the past. thank you
motorhead 69
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: online play

Postby motorhead 69 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:49 pm

sorry a thing of the past
motorhead 69
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 18, 2015 1:54 am

Hello Motorhead!

Welcome to the World of Flight Sim Multiplayers!

This will get you started:

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/

Install these two files...>>

FSHostSpy. (For FS2002, FS 2004 and FSX).

FsHostClient. (Required for FSX only)

(Pop the Short-cuts on your Desktop for quick access).

FsHostSpy will display a list of all the Multiplayer Servers on line, and their IP addresses to connect to, and who is on-line.
You can connect directly in FS 2002 and FS2004 via the Flight Sim Multiplayer drop-down Multiplayer Menu.
(FSX requires the addition of FsHostClient to type-in the IP Address and make a connection).
You communicate via the Chat Window Text Box.

If you wish to fly with a friend, pick one of the "empty" Servers, and arrange beforehand for both of you to connect to the same IP Address!

If you wish to fly with someone already on the Server, make sure they are willing to fly with you...ask!

Multiplayer used to be very popular in the past (FS 2002/FS2004), but FSX Pilots seem to have lost interest nowadays!

Its lots of fun!...Bring a friend!.... :D ...!

Give it a try...easy-peasy in FS 2002 and FS 2004....and let us know how you get on...any questions?

Paul....Multiplayer Pilot (G-BPLF)!.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Webb » Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 pm

VATSIM.net still seems to be operating. IVAO.aero seeps to be working too.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

Webb wrote:VATSIM.net still seems to be operating. IVAO.aero seeps to be working too.

I flew using VATSIM for some time but stopped when I started having problems with some of the controllers. Some of them expect you to be a real world pilot fully FAA approved. If you ask them to repeat the last transmission to many times thay get nasty and than drop you off the server.
I tried complaining but no one seemed to really care.
So unless you want to be kicked off the server I guess one has to get a real pilot liscense and have a FAA person approve you. Other wise forget it.
But the one real problem is seing the other aircraft that are on line. Because not every one has the same fleet as another person if some is flying a B727-200 and you do not have one in your fleet it will show up as the closet thing it can find which will probably be a B737-300 The tag will say B727-200 but you will not see it.
This used to drive me crazzy. But Imagine seeing a plane on radar that says it is a B747-400 and when you get close you see a Cessna 150. You go what the heck is going on.
I suggested that they use a fleet for players to download and fly that way you will see things correctly but it was laughed at.
But my problem is that I have logged too many hours with virtual airlines that I just got tired of it. I have logged Thousands of hours on different VA'S. On Livewire I had over 8oo hours logged. On Delta I had about 600 or so hours. I have landed in at least 1 airport in every state in the US.
<<u
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

VATSIM for me?... :roll: ....

NO WAY, Jose!... :evil: ...!

Far too organised for me, takes out all the FUN of flying together!
(OK for serious aeroplane geeks).... ;) ...!

Groups of we Sim V Pilots have had great fun over the years in Multiplayer, using FS 2002 and FS 2004, and connecting to a pre-arranged Server via "FS Host Spy", at a pre-arranged time, at a pre-arranged location. and using a pre-selected list of default aircraft...(Default aircraft always show correctly amongst all Pilots).
Posting all the details in the Multiplayer Forum.

Simple!....Works every time!

FSX Pilots connect via "FS Host Client".

All you need for a get-together is an IP Address!

Lots of fun touring together, fly-ins, and air races, etc!

Paul..... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flightunlimited » Thu May 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Virtual Aviation Network, A FlightUnlimited.Net Partner

Requires FSCopilot / FSInn
Connect with your FS2002 / FS2004 / FSX
Realworld Weather
ATC Sessions Allowed

ID: guest
PW: guest