26 FREE DC3 Liveries now Available

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Postby Garry » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Good People,

Edward and I have finally drawn a line on the Default Microsoft DC3 texture developments for the Ford Tri-Motor Project.

Started off with just 10 to be done and ended up with 26 comprehensive, unique and I hope visually enjoyable liveries for your simulation enjoyment.

These textures will work with both the FS2004 and the FSX versions.

There are 17 liveries available - originally planned as the total :-)

- but then we got carried away and added another 9 as a BONUS pack of liveries.

In the Bonus Pack area are some SPECIAL liveries - created as a tribute to the sites THAT have tolerated our forum posts graciously over the years.

They include (in no specific order) SIM-OUTHOUSE.COM - FLIGHTSIM.COM - AVSIM.COM - SIMVIATION.COM

Plus a tribute to PCPilot and Microsoft - just for visual enjoyment.

And to round it off - two DC3 repaint tinkers for the late 1940's - (outside the Ford Project era) but we think worthy of sharing with the community.

And there is a nice LOUD fictional United States Airways livery also available as a tribute to the country of origin for the DC3 - you can check her out on the web page.

Where do you get all of these great FREE liveries - why of course at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net

Click on the Other Aircraft Button and scroll down to the DC3 Link

Enjoy :dance:

Regards

Edward C. Moore and Garry J. Smith
Your Ford Tri-Motor Project Team - keeping history alive.
Garry
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 26 FREE DC3 Liveries now Available

Postby Jetranger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Super Cool !!!

I'll have to download all of em' !!

I sometimes paint too, but mainly interior textures , and I know how much time it takes me just to do those, I can only imagine how long it takes you to paint all these aircraft and have em' come out correctly.

I might spend 4 to 6 hours on just an interior repaint !

thanks for the paints, have to try em' out , make avideo one of these days, another time consuming project !

Jetranger
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Super Kool ~ !!!!

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 am

Alright Garry n crew !!! Now,I'll have the difficult task of which DC3 version to fly each time,hahaha! Beautiful textures.The detail is absolutely top notch! Well worth waiting for,and the wait was far less than I expected! Thanks a million for sharing these textures.Repaints can sometimes take a lot of work and get very tedious. Patience isnt one of my virtues,and I'm glad there are skilled souls like you and your partner painter who selflessly share your efforts with us.
stephan

Postby jcj78 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks a lot Garry. I already really enjoy flying repaints of the Fleet50K tundra and float and FS9 Vega. You guys do super work, and we really appreciate it.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jcj78 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Oh man, I just saw that one was the controversial "Air America" repaint. Thanks again. :whistle:
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Garry » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi mate, Yep - Ed and I decided that the Air America livery would be published even though outside the Ford Project Era - was a good polished metal tinker - so we shared it.

Ed liked the results that he wanted a later era for our Ford Project Scenery for India - and got me to create the Air India International DC3 - that one is a two tone - white cabin top and polished metal underside and flying surfaces.

I think the Air India is probably the better visual impact livery for the Shiny Metal batch. :dance:

Regards
Garry
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BLAZE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi Garry,

I've been off the grid for a bit accept for the occasional pop in now and then. but when I saw "26 (DC-3) Liveries" and "Garry" in the same box, well
lets put it this way, if I were a dog.. My ears would have popped up! :) WOW are they nice!

The first one I loaded was the SimV, she is sweet! then the SOH, That camo is just KOOL! you guys really got that camo art down pat. I love how you textured the
belly on that one too. I can't wait to get them all loaded.

Thank you Garry and Edward for all you give us. Beautiful Stuff!
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby Garry » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback mate - makes the effort worthwhile when people let us know that they are enjoying our labours.

All of the Microsoft Default girls have not been very popular with a lot of painters because of the restrictive "economical" texture mapping concepts of mirroring lots of surfaces and squeezing stuff into a single image - fairly restrictive on creativity. But Edward pushes these challenges at me and I have a go at trying to create the liveries that he wants within the boundaries that are forced upon me.

When I release the Vickers Vimy liveries on Friday we at the Ford Project will have created and released buckets of repaints for each of the Vintage Microsoft Default aircraft - just part of the overall bucket of aircraft and scenery that we create and share for free.

Glad to hear that they are going to good homes for good people to enjoy......... :dance:

Regards
Garry
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Garry I know you've probably got a lotta project ideas in the works, but I'd sure like to see some of the FSX Grumman Gooses G21A painted up and the FSX Dehavilland Beavers DH3 too,,, Aircraft over looked a lot anymore by those other flying thingys with 55 Gallon Drums hanging off their wings !!!

otherwise known as Jets ! :D

anyway,, That'd be really sweet to the Max, I still fly the G21A Grumman Goose in FSX a lot and have added some really nice OZ X paints to the stable and upgraded cockpit tectures, and I have a slew of Dehavilland Beavers too,, but none can compare to your Paints that you come up, you have quite an imagination for paint schemes , I must say !! :D

Yes, I got your message by the way, just been really busy working on those cockpit textures for the L-1011 of Thomas Ruths, such tedious daunting work re-painting them.

Hopefully if everything goes right before Christmas, I hope to have several Aircraft interiors completely re-painted and lookin' like real aircraft interiors and NOT like the Doctors office or clinical lab.

OK, I get to get back to painting till the weee hours of the mornin' again. sleepy

Jetranger
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks so much (again :-) ) for what you guys have done ..
AS I said before, I do have a separate regressed version of FS9 just for your planes, textures & scenery.

Best Regards,
Robin
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

The net is so full of textures for the FS9 default Boeing 747 and such. My problem with this is it's as hard as pulling hen's teeth trying to find good fictional repaints for it (747... love the heavy iron ). I've repainted my own in schemes such as a flat black 747 with the CIA logo on the tail,and just recently did a repaint of the default 747 with semi-gloss black with the Blackbeard (the pirate) flag on the tail,and illuminated it with logo lights.She looks rather intimidating when she lands in an airport with the UA,Landmark and other commercial airliners. My problem now is I cant dream up any fictional scheme textures that trip my trigger. Love the Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean but for some reason,I cant quite see LoTR on an aircraft. Seems a little tacky to me. And my biggest problem of all is trying to get chrome in my repaints to look like something good during the night. It can be done with the default 747,but danged if I know what I am doing wrong,or not doing at all to get chrome to show right at night.The net is full of suggestions to get around this problem,but to read to understand these net fixes,one must already know quite a bit about texturing and repainting...something I have a hard time grasping (when they speak in technical terms).
stephan

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight