FREEWARE Alps Scenery !

Scenery, Utilities, Misc... Whatever else you would like to find for your FS or CFS Programs.

FREEWARE Alps Scenery !

Postby Jetranger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:32 am

Heres some "FREEWARE" Alps Scenery high up in the Alps

looks to be a nice Lodge for Sim Pilots to Party :P :dance:

looks like quite a challenge to get there too :shock:

Alps Lodge Link : http://www.maibach-design.ch/index.php?article_id=51&clang=0
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: FREEWARE Alps Scenery !

Postby G.K. » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:01 am

He He..........You're bringing back memories now. The Schilthorn restaurant, fantastic place. The whole restaurant rotates!!! Went there in 199?. One of the best family holidays ever.

The only way to reach the restaurant is by cable car from Lengwald....oh and helicopter of course, didn't have one at the time. The cars carried 90 people and the first pylon is on top of the 3000ft cliff at Murren, what a ride. From there the car travels to the top of the Schilthorn. A bit expensive at the time because we had our 3 children with us. On the Way back we Hiked back down to Murren and then climbed aboard the cable car again for the final decent back to the valley floor. Going over the cliff edge pylon was brilliant......I haven't been all over the world yet but I'll stick my neck out and say It's got to be one of the most beautiful/epic places on the planet.

James Bond has been there too, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, it was the baddies hide out.

I Have been improving that area in FSX, added a modified airport at Interlaken, I've reconstructed the airport at Sion and added the aerodrome at Bex (not there in default)..........The Schilthorn scenery will be a very welcome addition.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Return to Other Add-ons Wanted