"Osa's Ark" texture for Sikorsky S-38

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Re: "Osa's Ark" texture for Sikorsky S-38

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Hagar wrote:Excellent! 8-)

Well, on the EXCELLENT side I have the Beagle Pup 150 working, the Meyers 200D working & the best C-47, a REAL C-47 not a painted DC-3 look alike (took half a day to convert all those textures to 1024 pixels :doh: ) but worth it was, although I was unable to put down the steps & the Manual is not very clear: where do I find "Monitor>Misc"? :o :doh: :think:

The Paratroopers are not the best Microsoft specialty, they look like coming out from the tail:
<<t <<t <<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Hagar wrote:Excellent! 8-)

Now, the NOT SO EXCELLENT. After doing all that homework, some results are not that kosher. The Cessna 310 is a nono & I went through the textures twice to make shure no mistakes:

The Mitchellwing U2 is courtesy of DaveT, I like very much but... no way José :snooty: I even changed textures from DDS DXT5 to BMP DXT5 & nothing:

The Texan shows well, but when trying to fly :think:

...there is an empty panel & it wont start unless the (very absent) Fuel Selector and Magneto Switch are set in order to start the engine. Also something is wrong, wont open the front cockpit with Shift+E, only the rear with Shift+E2. Landing gear wont retract even if I start with speed & altitude trick, will only glide to earth, propeller winmilling but no power:
Ni MODO <<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:27 am

First of all I have no idea what monitor > misc means. I'll download the C-47 later to see if I can figure it out.

Jean Loup wrote:Now, the NOT SO EXCELLENT. After doing all that homework, some results are not that kosher. The Cessna 310 is a nono & I went through the textures twice to make shure no mistakes:

https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 833400.jpg

The Mitchellwing U2 is courtesy of DaveT, I like very much but... no way José :snooty: I even changed textures from DDS DXT5 to BMP DXT5 & nothing:
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 812479.jpg

The Texan shows well, but when trying to fly :think:
https://www.simviation.com/phpupload/upl ... 794866.jpg

...there is an empty panel & it wont start unless the (very absent) Fuel Selector and Magneto Switch are set in order to start the engine. Also something is wrong, wont open the front cockpit with Shift+E, only the rear with Shift+E2. Landing gear wont retract even if I start with speed & altitude trick, will only glide to earth, propeller winmilling but no power:
Ni MODO <<t

The final version of FSX is very different from the Demo. Service Packs 1 & 2 introduced various improvements to the graphics & display priorities. I obviously can't guarantee that the texture fix will work for all FSX Native aircraft. It's a matter of trial & error. As I no longer have the Demo installed I have no way of checking them out for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 am

Jean Loup wrote:Well, on the EXCELLENT side I have the Beagle Pup 150 working, the Meyers 200D working & the best C-47, a REAL C-47 not a painted DC-3 look alike (took half a day to convert all those textures to 1024 pixels :doh: ) but worth it was, although I was unable to put down the steps & the Manual is not very clear: where do I find "Monitor>Misc"? :o :doh: :think:

The Monitor Panel is opened with Shift + 4.

You can operate the various functions by clicking with the mouse. Read the manual again for an explanation.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Hagar wrote:The Monitor Panel is opened with Shift + 4.
http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1485873426.jpg

You can operate the various functions by clicking with the mouse. Read the manual again for an explanation.

THANKS again Hagar, now paratroopers can board.
<<t <<t <<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Aircraft Wanted