Fully functional planes?

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Fully functional planes?

Postby Colt17752 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm looking for a fully functional plane, are there any planes with an HD cockpit that's 100% interactive? Like all of the buttons and knobs and such having some sort of effect?

Just an FYI I have FSX Deluxe version.
Colt17752
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Fully functional planes?

Postby zeus981 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:31 pm

There are some things that simply cant be simulated in FSX. I think if you spend some cash then Carenado planes will give a lot of functionality. The twin prop ones I have are all highly interactive. For the most recent HD ones you need a PC with high specs to cope with them though especially if you have weather effects installed, high traffic loads etc. . If you are looking for a freeby I think the answer will be No, though many do offer lots of interaction.
What type of plane are you wanting?. Specify and you might get some suggestions.
zeus981
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Colt17752 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:03 pm

I was hoping for a civil plane like a DC10 or some high capacity airliner similar to a 787. But all I have is a laptop that's designed more for office work, idk how this thing is managing minecraft and FSX with all the graphics as high set as can be lol
Colt17752
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Daube » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:35 am

Laptops are not a good choice for simulators.
Their CPUs are weak and their video cards (GPU) are also quite weak. These limitations are there to limit the heating problems.

The planes you are looking for exist. Liners like the 747, 737 and the 777 are available is extremely high quality, complexity and realism. You'll have to take a look at the products from PMDG and iFly, mainly.
For the Airbus, there is currently only one realistic offering, from Aerosoft, who made the A318/A319, and the A320/321 in two different packages. The realism and "completeness" are quite good, the graphics are excellent. But another company, named FlightSimLabs (or FS Labs) is about to finish the development of their A320 and that one will surpass the one from Aerosoft: it will be even more realistic and more complete in the avionics. But it should not be available before a few weeks at least.

Anyways, your major problem here is that complex airplanes usually require a LOT of CPU power. Else the fluidity of the simulator is quickly going to get catastrophic, down to unplayable.
There is one plane though, which is known to be one of the most realistic ones (very very high level, on par with PMDG) and still quite light on the performance: the Dash Q400 made by Majestic.
This plane is one of the references in terms of realism nowadays.
I have no idea how it would perform on your computer, though...

Also, the prices might scare you a bit. These planes are all above the 70/80 dollars each. And if you use P3D insteal of FSX, then the prices can raise up to 140 dollars for the PMDG 777, for example. This is also something to keep in mind. Quality and realism come at a price.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Aircraft Wanted