fs2004 mayanmar textures only

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

fs2004 mayanmar textures only

Postby bombardier » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:12 am

hello another question:

I see a jet I want a fsx myanmar airways A380 textures only. I clicked on "required file" it gave me bunch of planes under member express so which one am I suppose to download? it listes 8 planes and I'm not a member express.

if you type in A380 in the search box and go to page 22 you will see what I'm asking for.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: fs2004 mayanmar textures only

Postby Hagar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:51 am

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:02 pm

hello hagar:

I guess I would do the same thing I do now with the 737-800 textures for the default 737 and number the [flightsim XX] the next number in sequence. just apply that method to the mayanmer textures. I would think the A380-100+update would be the default plane and I would think to put the mayanmer textures into the a380-100 and number it.

also hagar I got couple fs2004 planes project airbus that has no thumbnail picture in the plane list in fsx. how would I put and or /make a thumbnail picture for that plane and have it show up in the planes list.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:54 am

bombardier wrote:hello hagar:

I guess I would do the same thing I do now with the 737-800 textures for the default 737 and number the [flightsim XX] the next number in sequence. just apply that method to the mayanmer textures. I would think the A380-100+update would be the default plane and I would think to put the mayanmer textures into the a380-100 and number it.

Yes, the procedure is exactly the same as in FS9. This is copied direct from my Aircraft.cfg.

[fltsim.0]
title=Airbus A380
sim=a380
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N747
atc_airline=Qantas
atc_flight_number=1123
atc_heavy=1
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A380-100
ui_variation=Qantas
description=Airbus A380

[fltsim.1]
title=Airbus A380 PaintMAI
sim=a380
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=MAI
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=S7-HRP
atc_airline=MAI
atc_flight_number=380
atc_heavy=1
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A380-100
ui_variation=Myanmar Airways International
description="Texture by Robby Pauletto, Model by Mike Stone"

also hagar I got couple fs2004 planes project airbus that has no thumbnail picture in the plane list in fsx. how would I put and or /make a thumbnail picture for that plane and have it show up in the planes list.

bombardier

Take a screenshot of the aircraft in FSX. Then save the image in JPG format as thumbnail.jpg. Pop this image into the appropriate texture folder of the aircraft.
If an image of the aircraft is included in the download you could use that providing you rename it thumbnail.jpg. You will need a separate image for each variation of the aircraft.

Here's the Myanmar A380 in FSX. The 2D panel works well but it has no VC. You can use this image for your thumbnail if you wish. Right-click on it & save it as thumbnail.jpg

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

hey hagar:

just to let you know fsx has a mayanmar A380 if you type in A380 and go to page 21or22-23 yuo will see that to get this plane I need to use the update download and then download the plane. thats my understanding anyway.

I might just to download that plane you say the a380-100 and use the fs04 mayanmar plane if it shows up with all the gauges and what not. if anything if it needs a thumbnail I can do that just fine. I already did 2 thumbnails with 2 fs2004 plane. I'm starting to think that fsx doase not like fs04 planes that much.

changeing the subject here:

if I have an A380 acting all stupid ( the stupid aircraft is an A380 american airlines) can I substitute an aircraft cfg file from anothr A380 and paste it in the stupid A380 and change the title in the aircraft cfg to match the air craft that I'm trying to get fixed would it work? the effects, textures, folder would be untouched, images in jpg would be untouched also. I do not think the model will be touched I think thats has to do with the plane itself and the sound and panel will not be touched also.

change of subject again: how tough is it to paint my own planes with different airlines with it how would I do that. alot of detail with it?

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm

bombardier wrote:hey hagar:

just to let you know fsx has a mayanmar A380 if you type in A380 and go to page 21or22-23 yuo will see that to get this plane I need to use the update download and then download the plane. thats my understanding anyway.

You mean this one? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=mai388x.zip&categoryId=&filename=Y

Try it by all means.

changeing the subject here:

if I have an A380 acting all stupid ( the stupid aircraft is an A380 american airlines) can I substitute an aircraft cfg file from anothr A380 and paste it in the stupid A380 and change the title in the aircraft cfg to match the air craft that I'm trying to get fixed would it work? the effects, textures, folder would be untouched, images in jpg would be untouched also. I do not think the model will be touched I think thats has to do with the plane itself and the sound and panel will not be touched also.

change of subject again: how tough is it to paint my own planes with different airlines with it how would I do that. alot of detail with it?

I'll leave these for others to answer.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm

hello hagar:

yes thats the one, I was getting ready to download it but I saw the update 3. well that can of blew my mind normally I just download something and thats it. but with the update 3 I do not know anything about it how to get that into the plane so I gave up on that just because that update 3. theres strong possibility that I will go after the fs04 mayanmar.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 am

The one in the FSX section looks like the same aircraft "updated" for FSX. This usually involves simple tweaks like creating a thumbnail.jpg which you can easily do yourself. From the Readme it has no panel of its own but is aliased to the default B747_400. I think you would be better off with the FS2004 version that I've already checked out for you.

I was getting ready to download it but I saw the update 3. well that can of blew my mind normally I just download something and thats it. but with the update 3 I do not know anything about it how to get that into the plane so I gave up on that just because that update 3.

Update 3 is simply an updated Aircraft.cfg file. To install it simply paste it into the main folder of the A380 overwriting the existing file when prompted.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 am

hello hagar: thanks for hanging in for me

yeah I will dl the 04 version seems easier for me. and now for the aa A380 no take off speed engines too small to handle the jet. after looking at all my A380s that I have, who ever built the AA A380 put on the wrong kind of engines they not the same engines that I have on all of my other A380s. the others are twice as big as the ones found on the aa A380 jet thats why no take off speed oh yeah if you count going 150 mph down the runway speed I need at least 280 mph.

this is what I'm thinking, is there a way to change the engines fromt the small ones to the big ones found at all my other A380 jets? maybe copy and paste engines from on of my A380 and paste them into the AA A380?

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 am

bombardier wrote:hello hagar: thanks for hanging in for me

No problem.

and now for the aa A380 no take off speed engines too small to handle the jet.

Sorry, I can't help with this. I'm not sure which file you're talking about. When you're asking for advice the file name or a link to the page it's posted on would be a good start.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm just makeing small talk now thats all:

looking at the the picture that you have in the post those engines looks to small to handle that A380. its actually the same size of the A380 american airlines engines. seems to small to handle that great plane. if ask me those engines looks like that came from a bombardier,or lear jet. if I would guess I would say a bombardier. I could be wrong.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm

hello hagar thanks for the help, I'm not accepting you know how to fix this but if you do teach me. now onto some more advance changes to fix the pitch, yaw, banking, and speeds. i need to increase speeds adjust the pitch,yaw and banking far better response time.

this would be a waste of space since I do not have a edit command someplace. but anyway hagar I got the mayanmar airlines flying right now, thanks, but only one thing is bothering me the take off speed the pitch and yaw and banking is slow as molassas even decend and increase in altitude to land is slow also. my take off speed is 185 mph stall speed for take off it needs to be at least 205. even cruise speed its at 250 should be 375 to 425.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 pm

hello hagar thanks for the help, I'm not accepting you know how to fix this but if you do teach me. now onto some more advance changes to fix the pitch, yaw, banking, and speeds. i need to increase speeds adjust the pitch,yaw and banking far better response time.

this would be a waste of space since I do not have a edit command someplace. but anyway hagar I got the mayanmar airlines flying right now, thanks, but only one thing is bothering me the take off speed the pitch and yaw and banking is slow as molassas even decend and increase in altitude to land is slow also. my take off speed is 185 mph stall speed for take off it needs to be at least 205. even cruise speed its at 250 should be 375 to 425.

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 pm

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby bombardier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:57 pm

bombardier
bombardier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Aircraft Wanted