Adding new object in airport design editor

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Adding new object in airport design editor

Postby CBParker » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi all,
Need some help
I'm a using ADE to create Woensdrecht airport (EHWO) with all hangars and buildings. Until now i'm reasonably happy with the result, but want to install new objects. Looking on internet I found the simviation with lots of nice objects. So i started downloading the CH47 and did what was mentioned in the readmefile:
"The only thing you have to do is to put the “CH47 US Library” , folder in your FSX “Addon Scenery/Scenery Folder” and start FSX. You can place the airplanes with the “Object Placement Tool” or with any object placement tool anywhere in FSX. If you start FSX and the program loads the scenery objects then you placed them right. If it does not load then read again this. <<<DON’T FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE LIBRARIES >>>"

But it does not work, when i start up ADE i cannot find the model. What do i do wrong?
Thanks & greetz Charly
CBParker
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Adding new object in airport design editor

Postby pegger » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:37 pm

ADE will not see objects placed with a different program, because those objects are separated from your airport scenery in their own object placement BGL's. They are NOT part of the airport scenery.
If you want to see them with ADE, then you need to place them with ADE and save the project for later editing. Add the library to ADE for access to the objects.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CBParker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:40 am

Hi Pegger,
Thx your quick response i need some additional info.
I downloaded form simviation site the" CH47 US library" which 2 files: scenery (bgl&xml) and texture (bmp).
In what folder do i place this in ADE in order to see and use them in my airport scenery?

Thx, greetz Charly
CBParker
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pegger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:52 am

You place the scenery object in your fax scenery folder as normal. You the direct ADE to look in that folder for the object so that you can place it. Alternatively (which is my preference) you keep all of you scenery objects stored outside of Fsx, and only copy over the files you need for each individual scenery project that you activate in fsx.
There is nothing that gets added to ADE.

I suggest you study 2 things to make your life easier.

1) ADE instruction manual.
2) SDK information

Good luck
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design