A bit of an annoying little scenery problem...

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

A bit of an annoying little scenery problem...

Postby stephan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 am

This problem is of little importance. It causes no real FS problem at all,except that in the real world,a major airport wouldnt let such potholes go unfixed.
The problem is this...
In my modified AND default airports (only about 10% of them),when I taxi (regardless of the ac I am using ) there are places on certain taxi ways that cause the ac to react as if it has hit a chuck hole or broken taxi way surface,and the ac jumps slightly and the tires smoke. It is always at the same place in the taxiways.
So, using AFCAD and ADE9 I have looked up real close to see if the link nodes (in the taxi way layout) are connected and they are. I run the trouble shooter program (fault finder) in ADE9 to see if I missed the problem,and all comes back as No Faults Detected. For the life of me,I cant figure out what is causing this little tire smoking bump and jump in the taxi ways. Again , it only happens at a few airports,and only on one or two of the taxiways at those airports. But the bump causes a g-force of at times to go as high as 2.35. That's a pretty good chuckhole,LOL. Anyone have any ideas? (Oh yeah,...one last thing... I have even tried the "flatten" command line in the appropriate place in the proper file to try and flatten out the taxiway to see if that eliminates the problem,and it doesnt).
stephan

Return to Scenery & Panel Design