KRON 500WX GPS improvement

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

KRON 500WX GPS improvement

Postby fatbird » Sat May 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Hi, I'm a new member in this forum.
KRON 500WX GPS is an excellent improvement to the default FSX GPS500, nevertheless I would like to suggest two small changes:
1. It would be much better to have VSR in Feet/min rather than Feet/sec. Feet/min is the usual indication in the cockpit and it's easier to use;
2. It would be very helpful to have DIS with 1 decimal place, instead of NM rounded to zero decimal places.
I think those changes are not too difficult to do...
Best regards
fatbird
fatbird
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: KRON 500WX GPS improvement

Postby OldAirmail » Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 am

Welcome to SimViation, fatbird.

I'm glad to find someone else who is interested is aircraft instruments & GPS. The more the better. :D

If you're interested in building your own desktop GPS, as opposed to mounting a GPS in a panel, you may want to check out the following:

GPS!!!! . WHAT A DIFFERANCE THIS MAKES! Click here

Image . Image

The post is a few years old, so the pricing may have changed, but the info is still useful.

This setup has changed slightly, but it'll give you an idea of how I use it as a desktop GPS.

As to your VSR & DIS questions, they might be better answered by the originators;
Here's the Kronzky website for the 500WX. It would be best if you get his permission before altering his code. His email is at the bottom of his main page.

I did find the Garmin website where you could ask those questions.

Who knows, if you have a better idea on how they could improve their equipment, you might want to contact them first. After all, I doubt that Kronzky would offer you a job.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: KRON 500WX GPS improvement

Postby fatbird » Mon May 25, 2015 12:22 am

Hi OldAirmail
Thank you for your kind and fast answer.
That is a beautiful and interesting solution but, first: I live in a small flat... No room for something like that; Second: I'm not able to make such an outstanding hardware.
I'll follow your sugestion and contact Kronzky website.
Best regards and good landings
fatbird
fatbird
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design