Repainting Default Cessna

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Repainting Default Cessna

Postby CaptainCub » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:08 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in working up my own paint scheme for the default Cessna Skyhawk and Skylane in FS2K2 and have it be one of the available choices. How do I go about this, and is there a blank Template Available?

Captain Cub

There is no place you can't go in an airplane.....But landing at some of them might get you arrested!
CaptainCub
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Repainting Default Cessna

Postby JohnP » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:30 am

:)You might want to consider repainting the aircraft in question. If you have a paint program you should be able to go in the aircraft's folder and edit the textures. If you are planning to upload the plane to the net you should check the readme file to make sure what you must do to post it. Most authors have stipulations with their work regarding this issue. There are plenty of tutorials available to learn paiting techniques.
Hope this helps.
JohnP
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Repainting Default Cessna

Postby Hagar » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:18 am

This tute should give you the basics for adding a repainted texture to an existing aircraft.
http://www.simviation.com/lair/Repaint2002.htm
Extra texture folders can use any convenient suffix after the period, for example texture.green, texture.red etc. Whichever suffix you use is defined in the new Aircraft.cfg texture= entry.

Sorry, I don't know of any blank templates for the FS2002 defaults.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting