about national markings

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

about national markings

Postby snoopy51 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:36 am

Hi, I try to repaint an fighter plane and got that problem to get the national markings (on the wings, fuselage and the flag on the tail) and is wondering about it is possible to copy it from one plane to another, instead of makings it all over again.
So if anyone has a good solution to my problem, I will be happy.
I use DTX bmp and Adobe Photoshop.
regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: about national markings

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi snoopy51
I have one suggestion for you. I don't have Adobe PS so I use PaintDotNet and DXTBmp. This trick has worked quite well for me. I'll search the internet looking for scale model decal sheets or just patches of the insignia I'm looking for. Once I have them downloaded I'll cut out the insignia I need and with PaintDotNet I"ll clean it up and change it to a DDS format. That will give you a transparent backgroud. Then I'll call up the texture I'm going to use it on in either PaintDotNet or DXTBmp and apply as desired. After you've done it a few times it's relatively easy; time consuming perhaps but easy.

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:20 am

I have a template in PSD format somewhere with all the common national insignia on it in layers. I'll have a look round for it & if I find it I'll upload it.

In the meantime check out this link for a selection of national insignia templates. http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snoopy51 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

Hi, Hawkeye07 and Hagar.
Thanks for your replies,
it sounds easy when You describe it Hawkeye07, but I will give it a try and se how it goes. :roll:
and Hagar if You find the files already in layers it makes it easier for me to try it, :shifty: but if not, it seems that the link, You gave can be used instead
and to use Arnolds words: " I´ll be back" 8-) (when I have tried to hopefully produce something usefull)
regards
Otto
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

Otto. I can't find the file I mentioned so far but the ones I've tried from my link are in layers. I'm sure they should do what you want.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Aircraft Repainting