numeric LED's for digital readouts

Only for Genuine FS fanatics! Taking this hobby from Real to Surreal? Or maybe just combining 4 hobbies into 1 ;)

numeric LED's for digital readouts

Postby Vchat20 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:53 pm

this thread is to pick up ideas and possibly diagrams for using numeric LED's for panel items such as hdg, altitude, and speed indicators on the autopilot section. what always confused me though was how to get the LED's correctly wired so they showed the correct #.

again, this thread is fr picking up ideas on how to get this wired and such.
Vchat20
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: numeric LED's for digital readouts

Postby Smoke2much » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:43 am

I have been thinking about this a great deal for the radio stack for the GA panel I am planning.  I think that the best thing to do would be to get radio componants that change frequencies in the same manner as the FS radio and arrange for the dials of the radio to operate the radio within the FS.  This would probably mean that you need to recalibrate each time you start up the sim.  I'm still working on it though, and it may need seperate software to run.  I'll have to chat to John about programming for the whole thing.

The FSUIPC SDK came with a patch that appears to allow you to change all key press functions within the sim to analogue functions, this would allow the use of a potentiometer to change frequencies, heading bugs etc.  I'll do some more work and post the results later.

Will
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Return to Home Cockpits and Setups